Archives - May 2012
May 18, 2012
"Catch the BUZZ"
Historic Apalachicola Main Street and the merchants of downtown Apalachicola celebrated the Tupelo Honey Bee with a “BEEdazzling” schedule on Second Saturday, June 9, featuring local bee keepers, artist demonstrations, bee related products and honey infused menus. It's Bee Pollination month and many of our fine restaurants offer delicious honey infused delicacies and cocktails. For music in the Park, due to the rain, The Center for History, Culture and Art featured the Slim Fatz concert. The Apalachicola River is the ONLY river that hosts the tupelo tree necessary to make world famous Tupelo Honey along with the diligent work of our bees. Not only are bees an integral part of what makes our area so special, but bees in general are a critical part of the ecosystem chain around the world. Recreationally raising bees has become more popular as the demand for organic food has increased. The bee has also become an important decorative element dating as far back as the Napoleonic era. and can be seen today as the “it” motif in many housewares such as ceramics, textiles and metalwork. Visit our many shops to find the most “BEEutiful” gift to adorn your own home.
Featuring the celebrated " The Honey Bee" , many merchants participating are; 49 Palmetto Gallery, Grady Market, The Green Door, The Bowery Gallery,
Gardens Inc., Katie McFarland Pottery, All That Jazz, The Center for History, Culture and Art, Retsyo, The Medicine & Health Shop, The Honey Hole, Apalach Outfitter, Artemis, Tamara's Cafe, The Owl, Verandas and the Coombs House Inn.
More than 20 local artists are exhibiting and selling their multi media art at the Center for History, Culture and Art until Saturday, July 28. The Center is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 12 noon to 5 pm.
Posted by Joe Taylor - 05/18/12, 10:34 PM
- Feb 2013
- Mar 2013
- Apr 2013
- May 2013
- Jun 2013
- Jul 2013
- Aug 2013
- Sep 2013
- Oct 2013
- Nov 2013
- Dec 2013
- Do Not Miss This Exciting Exhibit....Seven Very Talented Ladies!
- Thank you to all who supported BAY AID Franklin! Roman Street was some of the best musicians to play on the dock! Look for their next visit!
- RESCHEDULED to September 7th due to weather forecast. Please mark your calendars! Celebrate the invention of "Man-made Ice" here in Historic Apalachicola!
- Celebrate Our Freedom, Thank our Veterans!
- Art Enthusiasts Flock to the Forgotten Coast for Plein Air Event
- Secretary Detzner Designates Apalachicola as Florida Main Street Program of the Month
- Florida Main Street Resource Team
- Apalachicola Florida Seafood Festival
- SEAFOOD WORKERS BEER GARDEN AND LOW COUNTRY BOWL
- Support the Seniors programs in Franklin County and enjoy some great BLUES!
- Come Out and Support BAY AID Franklin....Great Jazz and Good Wine!
- Celebrate in Downtown Apalachicola!
- Please support the folowing sponsors, The Independence Day Celebration would not have been possible without their support!
- "Catch the BUZZ"
- IN MAY.. PAINT THE TOWN
- Hundreds Gather on the Dock for Music In The Park!
- Historic Apalachicola, a Haven for Artisans
- Florida Seafood Festival Marks 47 Years!
- Great Fun Had by All..... Blues, Jazz and BOO's Halloween Weekend!
- 47th Annual Florida Seafood Festival