Florida Main Street Resource Team
HOLY FAMILY SENIOR CENTER, 203 Dr. Frederic Humphries, Jr. Street, hosted the FLORIDA MAIN STREET RESOURCE TEAM. On Thursday, November 15, from 5 - 6:30 PM, a reception, open to the public, was held and the Resource Team delivered a public presentation sharing ideas and recommendations.
From November 13 to November 15, the Florida Main Street Resource Team visited Apalachicola examining information about our beautiful community and checking on our local Main Street program. Over the course of a three day visit, the Resource Team met with more than 25 community leaders and business owners. The Team discussed ideas with the Main Street Board and committees and finally, defined and suggested a strategy making best use of the community's resources.
Team members do a significant amount of background research before the visit begins and, therefore, come prepared to make use of every minute. The Resource Team works together to develop a comprehensive set of recommendations following the four points of the Main Street approach to downtown revitalization.
Each team member focuses on only one of the four points; Organization, Economic Development, Promotion or Design. The Team then shape all the observations and recommendations into a comprehensive strategy for action. The Teams purpose is to help develop strategies to implement the activities the local program has already identified as important.
Historic Apalachicola Main Street members are looking forward to a written report to share in January. For more information, please call 855-APALACH.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Feb 2013
- Mar 2013
- Apr 2013
- May 2013
- Jun 2013
- Jul 2013
- Aug 2013
- Sep 2013
- Oct 2013
- Nov 2013
- Dec 2013
- Do Not Miss This Exciting Exhibit....Seven Very Talented Ladies!
- Thank you to all who supported BAY AID Franklin! Roman Street was some of the best musicians to play on the dock! Look for their next visit!
- RESCHEDULED to September 7th due to weather forecast. Please mark your calendars! Celebrate the invention of "Man-made Ice" here in Historic Apalachicola!
- Celebrate Our Freedom, Thank our Veterans!
- Art Enthusiasts Flock to the Forgotten Coast for Plein Air Event
- Secretary Detzner Designates Apalachicola as Florida Main Street Program of the Month
- Florida Main Street Resource Team
- Apalachicola Florida Seafood Festival
- SEAFOOD WORKERS BEER GARDEN AND LOW COUNTRY BOWL
- Support the Seniors programs in Franklin County and enjoy some great BLUES!
- Come Out and Support BAY AID Franklin....Great Jazz and Good Wine!
- Celebrate in Downtown Apalachicola!
- Please support the folowing sponsors, The Independence Day Celebration would not have been possible without their support!
- "Catch the BUZZ"
- IN MAY.. PAINT THE TOWN
- Hundreds Gather on the Dock for Music In The Park!
- Historic Apalachicola, a Haven for Artisans
- Florida Seafood Festival Marks 47 Years!
- Great Fun Had by All..... Blues, Jazz and BOO's Halloween Weekend!
- 47th Annual Florida Seafood Festival