Apalachicola School of Art
Sculpting on the Edge, a Concrete Workshop
Working out of the quaint domain of the 1836 Cotton Warehouse situated on the edge of the Apalachicola River, participants will create objects from polymer cement and mixed media, resulting in a piece to take home. It can even be placed outdoors. Allowing the ideas to surface, grow and surprize, the class will wander, wonder and work with creative hands and imaginations. Everyone is a beginner. All levels are welcome.
Cost per student, $495.00 ( $50 materials fee) limited to twelve participants. Email email@example.com for more information and registration. Limied space is available.
Instructor: Johan Hagaman. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.johanhagamanstudio.com, 615-661-8854
Johan Hagaman earned a BA in English (1972) and a MS in English (1980), both from Indiana University, Bloomington, IN. After several years of teaching in the states and two years in the Peace Corps in Africa, Johan turned her love for stories and poetry into physical objects. In 1996, she began to explore concrete as a material of more versatality that could be used both inside and out, and with found objects. She lives and works part time in Nashville, TN, and part time in St. George Island, FL. Her work is included in many public and private collections and museums such as the Tennessee State Museum and Evansville Museum of Arts and Sciences. She is also the recipient of the Tennessee Individual Artist Fellowship for 2005.
Posted Thursday, 09/16/10, 05:10 PM - Comments -
There are no comments for this article at this time.
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Spend four days with a Master portrait artist!
- FROM FIELD TO STUDIO with Bill Farnsworth
- Workshop Schedule for 2013
- January Workshops
- Bill Farnsworth January 31 Workshop
- Plein Air Painters of the Southeast Hold Workshop
- Plein Air Painters of the Southeast will hold a six Intructor workshop this coming September
- Forgotten Coast Landscape Painting with Bill Farnsworth
- Painting en Plein Air along Florida's Forgotten Coast
- APALACHICOLA CENTER FOR HISTORY, CULTURE AND ART
- Sculpting on the Edge Produced Exceptional Art!
- Sculpting on the Edge, a Concrete Workshop