Apalachicola School of Art
Workshop Schedule for 2013
Nov 12-15, Harold Frontz/Oil
Harold Frontz INTRODUCTION TO PLEIN AIR PAINTING
Tuesday, November 12 to Friday, November 15, 9AM to 4 PM Daily
This workshop is ideal for oil and acrylic painters of all levels who would like to develop their Plein air painting skills. The course emphasizes five important principles in creating an outdoor painting including:
- How to design a painting using the Golden Mean and Steelyard techniques.
- How to quickly and accurately sketch in the major elements of the composition with attention to correct perspective, shape, and proportion.
- How to create strong tonal qualities that provide substance to the painting.
- How to mix and apply clean colors using the color properties of hue, value, temperature, and intensity.
- How to apply the paint with a variety of brush strokes that indicate direction, shape, and form.
A portion of each workshop day is devoted to demonstrating these important techniques and handouts are designed to illustrate methods for gaining personal competence. The workshop will focus on and provide participants with ample opportunities to paint a variety of themes commonly found on the Florida coast including clouds, boats, shore birds, beach scenes, man-made structures, etc. During the workshop, Harold will also demonstrate and emphasize the Alla prima (from the Italian meaning first effort) painting method that uses a minimum of bold, confident brush strokes to create a “painterly” work of art in one setting. This technique is ideal for studio as-well-as Plein air painting. In the event of inclement weather, a spacious, well-lighted studio will be provided and students will paint from photographs or other reference materials. In suitable weather, workshop sessions will be held outdoors at various locations in the Apalachicola area that will provide a variety of subjects designed to assist participants in developing new, or enhancing existing painting skills. Cost, $350.00 per student, $200 deposit due with registration.
Posted Sunday, 01/13/13, 03:25 PM - Comments -
Hello Art Friends, I will not be teaching art (at school) this summer, if you are interested in a one or two day workshop, just let me know. I have enough art supplies booklets, and canvas for 4 or 5 people, at this time. It would be great to see your beautiful city. Susan Turner 256-379-3457
Comment by janice c smith on April 15, 2013 - 08:47 PM
are there openings in lori putnman workshop?
CategoriesNo categories found.
- Workshop Schedule for 2013
- January Workshops
- Bill Farnsworth January 31 Workshop
- Plein Air Painters of the Southeast Hold Workshop
- Plein Air Painters of the Southeast will hold a six Intructor workshop this coming September
- Forgotten Coast Landscape Painting with Bill Farnsworth
- Painting en Plein Air along Florida's Forgotten Coast
- APALACHICOLA CENTER FOR HISTORY, CULTURE AND ART
- Sculpting on the Edge Produced Exceptional Art!
- Sculpting on the Edge, a Concrete Workshop