The Way We Look Downtown!
Historic Apalachicola, Design Committee to Meet
May 3, 2011, 9:30am, Apalachicola Center for History, Culture and Art, 86 Water Street
- Status of Main Street Program
- Design Committee Purpose - Getting Apalachicola into top physical shape. Capitalizing on its best assets — such as historic buildings and pedestrian-oriented streets — is just part of the story. An inviting atmosphere, created through attractive window displays, parking areas, building improvements, street furniture, signs, sidewalks, and landscaping, conveys a positive visual message about the commercial district and what it has to offer. Design activities also include instilling good maintenance practices in the commercial district, enhancing the physical appearance of the commercial district by rehabilitating historic buildings, encouraging appropriate new construction, developing sensitive design management systems, and long-term planning.
- Creating a Work plan - small incremental projects, capture all ideas
- Clean-up Activities
- Coordinating design assistance team
- Design improvements, SIMPLE
- Building inventory
- Public amenities and streetscape, CDBG grant
- Maintenance practices
- Design improvement plan
- Design guidelines
- Next Meeting
Posted Sunday, 05/01/11, 03:53 PM -