Apalachicola Center for History, Culture and Art
Gulf Ports Exhibit
“GULF PORTS”, Classic views of historic waterfront communities along the Gulf of Mexico, by PAUL ARSENAULT, In response to the crisis facing our Bay, Paul Arsenault has selected Apalachicola for the debut of “Gulf Ports”, a collection of works featuring classic views of historic waterfront communities along the Gulf of Mexico. This first time sneak preview of his upcoming Gulf Ports Exhibition, slated to tour the Gulf Coast in 2014, will open at the City of Apalachicola’s Center for History, Culture and Art. A reception was held on Saturday, January 12th. Mr. Arsenault was on hand to discuss his work and to sign his recently published book “Paul Arsenault, My Journey as a Painter”. These colorful light-filled paintings contain distinctive visual elements. The collection provides the observer with a sense of the history and heritage along the Gulf of Mexico. Of special interest is a watercolor Mr. Arsenault painted in Tarpon Springs in 1975 of the schooner “INA”, which was built in Apalachicola in the early 1890s. In support of the crisis facing the fisherman of Apalachicola Bay a portion of any sales from the exhibit will benefit the local non-profit, Bay Aid Franklin. His book and paintings are available for purchase. The HCA, located on the corner of Water Street and Avenue E, is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 12 noon to 5 PM. We will be happy to open the gallery upon request. Please call 1-855-APALACH.
Posted Thursday, 01/10/13, 09:56 AM - Comments -
There are no comments for this article at this time.
CategoriesNo categories found.
- A Transformative Vision by Deborah LaGrasse
- Florida's Finest en Plein Air Exhibition
- Jane Chapin – Land of the Free Exhibit to raise awareness of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation
- Ernest M Lee "Paints from the Heart"
- Project Impact Art Exhibit: Deconstruction/Reconstruction
- The “Art of the Oyster” Fundraiser, “Paint Party”, Exhibit and Auction
- LIFE on APALACHICOLA BAY with Michael Harrell
- Workshop by Michele Byrne
- FROM FIELD TO STUDIO with Bill Farnsworth
- Forgotten Coast Plein Air Artist Choice Collection
- Gulf Ports Exhibit
- Mary Erickson Oil Paintings
- "LOCAL HANDS" EXHIBIT
- Apalachicola Marine Artist Exhibit
- Fine Art Exhibit and Reception
- Friends of St. Joseph Bay Preserves Nature Photo Contest
- 4 Day Plein Air Workshop by Award Winning Artist, James Richards
- Plein Air was a Huge Success, Mark your Calendars for Next Year, May 3-13, 2012
- Bay Community School Hosts 3rd Annual Art Show