Apalachicola Center for History, Culture and Art
December 13, 2014
The “Art of the Oyster” Fundraiser, “Paint Party”, Exhibit and Auction
Calling up to 25 creative painters to participate in a painting party with an oyster theme, to celebrate The Apalachicola Volunteer Fire Department Cook off and Fundraiser. Artist of the Artist of Apalachicola Area (AAA) will be on hand to provide “expert” advice.
On Thursday, January 8, please join us for a painting party at the Center for History, Culture and Art, 86 Water Street, Apalachicola, Florida at 6 PM. 16 x 20 Gallery ready canvases and paints will be supplied along with wine and appetizers. Your completed Oyster Art painting will be on exhibit starting Friday, January 9 and be featured auction items for preview Friday night, January 16 with the auction continuing throughout the day on Saturday.
The Annual Oyster Cook-Off to benefit the Apalachicola to Fire Department is held every year on the Friday and Saturday before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day at Riverfront Park. All proceeds go directly towards paying for the brand new fire truck they were able to purchase a few years ago, due to this sole fundraising event. We believe the AAA creations for auction will not only be a wonderful exhibit but will add a new dimension to the fundraising opportunities.
This year’s 5th Annual Oyster Cook-Off will be held January 16th and 17th,
Questions and RSVP: Paulette Moss (Apalachicolaschoolofart@gmail.com) 1-855-APALACH (855-272-5224)
12/13/14, 02:14 PM
CategoriesNo categories found.
- The “Art of the Oyster” Fundraiser, “Paint Party”, Exhibit and Auction
- LIFE on APALACHICOLA BAY with Michael Harrell
- Workshop by Michele Byrne
- FROM FIELD TO STUDIO with Bill Farnsworth
- Forgotten Coast Plein Air Artist Choice Collection
- Gulf Ports Exhibit
- Mary Erickson Oil Paintings
- "LOCAL HANDS" EXHIBIT
- Apalachicola Marine Artist Exhibit
- Fine Art Exhibit and Reception
- Friends of St. Joseph Bay Preserves Nature Photo Contest
- 4 Day Plein Air Workshop by Award Winning Artist, James Richards
- Plein Air was a Huge Success, Mark your Calendars for Next Year, May 3-13, 2012
- Bay Community School Hosts 3rd Annual Art Show